Motives for altruistic behavior
01 октября 2022 г., 21:23
The article is based on the book "Social psychology" by David Myers".
The article is based on the book "Social psychology" by David Myers.
Among the motives of volunteers caring for AIDS patients, six main motivations were identified:
- Moral reasons: the desire to act in accordance with universal values and indifference to others.
- Cognitive reasons: a desire to get to know people better or acquire skills.
- Social reasons: become a member of the group and earn approval.
- Career considerations: gained experience and contacts are useful for further promotion.
- Self-defense: the desire to get rid of guilt or escape from personal problems.
- Increase self-esteem: strengthening self-esteem and self-confidence.